Report of the OxGAPS symposium held at the University of Oxford on 16 November 2013.
- Visit our stand at Freshers Fair October 6, 2014
- Be part of the discussion on the Gulf and the Arabian peninsula at Oxford. October 6, 2014
- OxGAPS welcomes all students and scholars at Oxford University at the start of the new academic year. October 6, 2014
- Yemen seeks to get rid of “ghost soldiers”. August 16, 2014
- Muslim students at Oxford University join millions world-wide marking the holy month of Ramadan. July 7, 2014
Category Archives: Religion
Millions of Muslims all over the world are marking the Islamic holy month of Ramadan – a month of fasting and reflection. This annual observance is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam.
Prominent Turkish writer and journalist Mustafa Akyol was the guest speaker at an event hosted by OxGAPS at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford on Friday 23 May, 2014. Akyol, author of the book “Islam without extremes, a Muslim case for liberty” addressed … Continue reading
There are high hopes that the recent appointment of a new Minister of Education in Saudi Arabia marks a significant attempt to modernise the country’s education system. In this op-ed, Dennis Sammut discusses the tasks ahead for Prince Khaled al … Continue reading
We extend Eid greetings to all members of OxGAPS, all our subscribers on oxgaps.org, and our friends on facebook, and to all Muslims celebrating Eid al Adha. The image shows Doha, capital of Qatar lit up for Eid. (picture courtesy … Continue reading
Hundreds of students from Oxford University every Thursday pack the debating chamber of the Oxford Union Society to listen and participate in a debate on an issue of current interest and importance. On 23 May the motion under discussion was “That this House … Continue reading
Prepared for OxGAPS Forum by a special correspondent. The Debating Chamber of The Oxford Union Debating Society, was the venue of a lively debate organised by al Jazeera English on the theme “What’s wrong with Islam Today?”, held on Friday, … Continue reading