Report of the OxGAPS symposium held at the University of Oxford on 16 November 2013.
- Visit our stand at Freshers Fair October 6, 2014
- Be part of the discussion on the Gulf and the Arabian peninsula at Oxford. October 6, 2014
- OxGAPS welcomes all students and scholars at Oxford University at the start of the new academic year. October 6, 2014
- Yemen seeks to get rid of “ghost soldiers”. August 16, 2014
- Muslim students at Oxford University join millions world-wide marking the holy month of Ramadan. July 7, 2014
Monthly Archives: January 2014
We are pleased to announce that the next OxGAPS event will be a seminar with the theme “Yemen 2014 – problems, solutions and prospects”. The event will take place on Thursday, 20 February 2014 from 16.00 – 18.00 at the … Continue reading
In memory of Dr Abdullah Omran Taryam – an Emirati statesman, intellectual, and foremost, a journalist.
OxGAPS co-ordinator, Dennis Sammut, reflects on the life and work of Dr Abdullah Omran Taryam who died yesterday. The death of Dr Abdullah Omran Taryam, the founder and chief Executive of the al Khaleej Newspaper Group in the United Arab Emirates, at the age … Continue reading
Tourism is a relatively recent phenomena in many parts of the Arabian peninsula, and the interior of the Sultanate of Oman cannot be said to have been, at least until recently, a popular tourist destination. Yet for those who want to … Continue reading
There are high hopes that the recent appointment of a new Minister of Education in Saudi Arabia marks a significant attempt to modernise the country’s education system. In this op-ed, Dennis Sammut discusses the tasks ahead for Prince Khaled al … Continue reading