Report of the OxGAPS symposium held at the University of Oxford on 16 November 2013.
- Visit our stand at Freshers Fair October 6, 2014
- Be part of the discussion on the Gulf and the Arabian peninsula at Oxford. October 6, 2014
- OxGAPS welcomes all students and scholars at Oxford University at the start of the new academic year. October 6, 2014
- Yemen seeks to get rid of “ghost soldiers”. August 16, 2014
- Muslim students at Oxford University join millions world-wide marking the holy month of Ramadan. July 7, 2014
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Dubai is in celebration mood today as it joins the rest of the United Arab Emirates in celebrating the country’s national day. The event has however also coincided with the selection of Dubai as the city to host the 2020 world … Continue reading
Dubai was today selected as the host city for Expo2020 winning against Sao Paolo, Izmir and Yekatrinburg. The decision was taken during a meeting in Paris in which 163 countries participated. Our congratulations to Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, and … Continue reading
“Best discussion on human rights I have participated in for a long time” – Baroness Helena Kennedy on the OxGAPS Forum.
Issues related to human rights, the rule of law, recent political developments in the Middle East and prospects for change, demographic challenges, historical perspectives and the role of outside actors were some of the topics discussed in the Symposium with … Continue reading
Oxford to host symposium on “Old and New Challenges in the Arab countries of the Gulf and the Levant”.
Around fifty young politicians, government officials, civil society activists and journalists from Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon will join Oxford students and scholars for a one day symposium on the theme “Old and New Challenges in the Arab countries … Continue reading